Tuesday, May 8, 2007

don't count your chickens

ok, so apparently i shouldn't write a blog about my wonderful new house until i actually have the keys in my hand, because now i'm not ever going to have the keys in my hand. ever. this came about partly because of bureaucracy issues with the rental agency, and partly because of our future possible roommates, tp and as, (though i can't say why because it's their business and they probably don't want me to post it on the internet). anyway i'm kind of pissed right now. but matt, who had decided to take this week off and go on vacation, is being wonderful and driving to eugene today instead, swearing not to come back until we have a new house. i unfortunately have four more cases to transfer before i leave, so i had to go to work today. it's driving me nuts not to be there weighing in on where i'm going to live for the next six-months-to-a-year, but i trust matt not to pick out a shit-hole (though he did voluntarily live at the "pirate ship" with a man who once shaved his beard off and left it in the bathroom sink for literally a week...). and, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, he's going to picture-message me everything he looks at.

speaking of bureaucracy problems, i just overheard someone in my office say that the computer lists the birth date of one of our kids as 10/28/07...uhhh...and this is our government... alright, i guess i'd better get back to working for the government. more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the house issues -- I might potentially be sans domicile in Seattle as well! I'm sure you guys will find something great and, with you're incredible nesting abilities, I'm really not worried.