Monday, November 12, 2007

hermity

hey, i know i just blogged yesterday, but i am having such a glorious hermit-y weekend that i have to talk about it. i forgot how much i liked just hanging out by myself in my pajamas. right now i'm on the couch in matt's bathrobe watching "knocked up." matt and troy decided to stay at the coast one more day, so last night i made another mini "test pizza," lit all the candles in the living room, drank half a bottle of wine, watched football, and downloaded mtv mash-ups on limewire. nelly vs. lynyrd skynyrd. brilliant! sitting around doing exactly what i want and nothing i don't. all by myself. when you're living with someone, it's easy to forget how soothing it is, and and how important it is to do every now and then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm totally in my PJs and watched Knocked Up this morning (and had wine last night, but more like a bottle)! Love it!!!

marissa said...

no shit!? we are living parallel lives! :) i wish we were in pj's and watching knocked up together!

i went to the movie store yesterday to find some brain candy to watch and ended up--rather on accident, i thought i was just getting something fun to wach--with two movies about moving out of one's 20's and into adulthood (the other one i got was called "the last kiss." it was also pretty good).

jenn said...

Why am I not enjoying my alone time that much? Perhaps because I have more of it than I want, or because I haven't quite figured out what to do with all of it. Anyway, thanks for the reminder that I should actually be relishing the times when DWE is gone.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish we were doing it together, too! (Although, I didn't like The Last Kiss. A little too slow and depressing for me. Next up for me is Antonio Banderas as a tango teacher). Have realized my life is quickly becoming overly Bridget Jones-esque, only less quirky, less funny, and with me far less likely to end up with Mark Darcy. Come see me soon and remind me life is fun!!