Wednesday, October 31, 2007

it's the little things

i have been moping around all week. i've been kinda sick, and just plain mope-y for no particular reason. maybe it's seasonal affective something. who knows. anyway, i was going to come on here and blog "mopety mope mope mope" for however many paragraphs until i felt better, but two things happened in the meantime. first, matt (who knows i've been mopey because i moped all over him this morning before dragging my ass out of bed at 8:30 to be quite late to work), texted me a picture of glenwood hot springs because he knows how much blissful fun i had there and he wanted to make me feel better. it worked. my heart got that warm, fuzzy feeling for a minute. and then i went to look at the blog of a woman i went to college with whose blog i look at from time to time, and she had posted a picture where she had carved the mathematical symbol "pi" into a pumpkin! pumpkin pie!! and it was all lit up and glowing. and now i'm smiling again. :)

2 comments:

Rebel said...

Glad it made you smile. It's not my original idea, but I thought it was cute too!

Anonymous said...

I like your very thorough use of the word mope, as an adverb and verb. However, I'm glad you got out of your mopey mood. : ) Good job rebel, on the pumpkin. My pumpkin ended up looking like a little devil boy, and I forgot to light him last night. Oh well.