Tuesday, June 26, 2007

i love my chair

there is a lot to complain about with my new office--for example the high divider walls, the lack of natural light, the apparent prohibition of staple removers anywhere in the building, the fact that work units are scattered throughout the building instead of grouped together, the fact that you have to have a doctor's statement in order to qualify for a phone headset, etc--but my desk chair might just make up for all of it. i LOVE my chair! i am sitting in it right now loving it so much that i have to interrupt my work to blog about it. my first day here i was introduced to "the bowling alley," which is what my desk neighbor calls the long, narrow, spacious supply closet. my desk at that point was only equipped with a straight-backed, straight-legged chair (not an office chair), so along with pens and file folders, i picked up a discarded desk chair in the bowling alley and wheeled my supplies back to my desk on it. the more i sat in it, the more i loved it. it didn't take me long to realize why i loved it: it is huge!! it seems like at one point it was a special order for a really big, tall man (think shaquille o'neal) who didn't fit in a regular desk chair. it has a tall back and i can lean waaaay back in it, kicking my heels up on my desk like some c.e.o. in a corner office while i read my case files. i can comfortably rest the entire length of my forearms on the arm rests. but best of all i can sit cross-legged yoga-style in my chair with plenty of room to spare. i am so in love with my chair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog (and the other blogs I read) are my new entertainment (especially during lunchbreak). I love reading the updates...I think I am going to have to stop by that pub in Moreland to try a Ninkasi beer tonight, finally. (that and I'll need a break after my 5:30-7:30 meeting at the city of Vancouver. I could use a beer now!!)

marissa said...

me too. pretty much every day during my break i read everyone's blogs. i'm glad mine entertains. i have fun writing it!